Monday, October 6, 2014

Is it autumn yet?


 I have accumulated a fair amount of pumpkin goodies over the years.  The pumpkin and cat stuffies as well as the little witch were all gifts from friends.

The little pillow is wool applique on linen cloth and it was very fun to make.  And the Jack-o-lantern is wool on onesburg cloth - I love those silly eyes.

We are having some very summer like weather this week so I can't quilt pull out my fall clothing.  I will take advantage and get in a few afternoon runs this week.

My favorite think about fall is soup.  I love soup and I make it in big batches to freeze and take for lunch.
Today I made ten jars of Sweet Potato Tomato soup using this recipe.  The only changes I made were to add some pumpkin protein powder and 1/2 cup of almond milk.

My other fall project is to launch a capsule wardrobe.  Because of the warm weather, I will keep wearing my end of summer clothes this week and have my simplified wardrobe ready for a mid-October launch.  I cleaned out my closet and have most of the items I plan to include.  I went from a full closet to just have the space and from 2 full drawers of t-shirts down to one half full drawer.  If you want more information check this link.

Linking up with Sew Darn Crafty today

4 comments:

Lori said...

Love your autumn whatnots! Especially the stuffed cat and pumpkin on a stick!!
It is supposed to be in the 80's here this week- I'm hoping to run too!

karen said...

fall is my all time favorite time of the year but I'm the only one in the house that likes squashes and pumpkins. So when there is a family to do I get me share :) Especially if my sis is around!

barbara woods said...

Got it

audrey said...

Fall is the perfect time of year to decorate.:) Had to check out the minimalistic wardrobe idea. Very interesting!