Friday, October 24, 2014

Health Filled Friday

I saw this quote on Pinterest the other day and I had to make my own photo-quote.  I need to remember this.  I am not a perfectionist but I do tend to spend more time on the planning phase before plunging in to the fun part of a project.  Life-long learning.
With the encouragement and support of others (thanks Lori, Kat, and Cathy!), I am rebooting sugar-free living.  The last few weeks have been over-full with meetings and work projects.  I start the day well with a good breakfast and a packed lunch but by the time evening rolls around, I am looking for something sweet.  Fortunately we don't buy cookies or ice cream so it isn't in the house.  My go to evening snack these day is a sliced apple with cashew butter (a recent discovery at Trader Joe's).  Today I made a green drink to take to work for my snack (love this site for new recipe ideas).  This one has pears, spinach, almond milk, ginger, cinnamon, and cardamon - doesn't that sound yummy!  And this weekend I am going to try and make a pumpkin puree to use in a shake for the pumpkin spice taste without the sugar.
It has been wet, wet, wet, but today I am taking my running gear (hat and rain jacket too) because I am determined to get to the trail. 
Have a health-filled Friday.

3 comments:

Maxine said...

Your plans are encouraging to me. I am praying to reach a sugar-free life. Good luck to you.

Lori said...

I knew you could do it! One day at a time!!
The rain held off this morning when I went out for a run. I had my new Brooks rain jacket on, just in case.

Cathy said...

Great site for the green smoothies!