Thursday, September 25, 2014

Something fun

Early in the summer I stumbled upon a fascinating idea for making 9 patch blocks.  I tried it out and it was really fun.  I started making 9 patch blocks to use in a summer quilt project and then, I signed up for a swap.  I haven't swapped in a long time.  In the days of Prodigy (remember the dial-up connections?)  I used to swap a lot and made some wonderful quilting friends around the country.  This swap sounded easy enough.  Make 50 pairs of 9 patch blocks (each pair require 2 - 41/2" squares).  And there was plenty of time.  The blocks would be due in October and it was July.  I made a bunch and cut the squares for the rest.  And then, well, you know how it goes.  But last weekend I buckled down and finished up my blocks.  I chose the modern group so my colors were bright and cheery.  But Sunday evening I was done sewing.  Monday I pressed and trimmed.  Tuesday I packed them up and dropped them at the post office.  They are wining their was to the East coast where Barb will re-stuff my envelope with 50 pairs from the others in my group and send them back to me.
So, I do believe there is a fun 9 patch quilt in my future.

4 comments:

Pinkadot Quilts said...

I am in the modern swap too! I can't wait to get mine. The ideas are churning....

Diane said...

I'm in the repro swap but was tempted to do the modern one as well! Swaps are a ton of fun!

Lynn Koeppen said...

Fun! I also have a stack of swap nine patch blocks from a long time ago. I need to set them into a top. I'll look forward to seeing what you do with yours. I hope I can get some inspiration and get mine done!

Belinda said...

Your's look cute! I started to do both groups but am now I'm glad I just did one. I'm in the civil war group.
I suppose she will start mailing out the returns tomorrow. I am soooo excited!!!