Early in the summer I stumbled upon a fascinating idea for making 9 patch blocks. I tried it out and it was really fun. I started making 9 patch blocks to use in a summer quilt project and then, I signed up for a swap. I haven't swapped in a long time. In the days of Prodigy (remember the dial-up connections?) I used to swap a lot and made some wonderful quilting friends around the country. This swap sounded easy enough. Make 50 pairs of 9 patch blocks (each pair require 2 - 41/2" squares). And there was plenty of time. The blocks would be due in October and it was July. I made a bunch and cut the squares for the rest. And then, well, you know how it goes. But last weekend I buckled down and finished up my blocks. I chose the modern group so my colors were bright and cheery. But Sunday evening I was done sewing. Monday I pressed and trimmed. Tuesday I packed them up and dropped them at the post office. They are wining their was to the East coast where Barb will re-stuff my envelope with 50 pairs from the others in my group and send them back to me.
So, I do believe there is a fun 9 patch quilt in my future.