Saturday, August 30, 2014

for the weekend

If you are a teacher or work in a school, this weekend will likely mark the start of a new year.  I remember spending most of this long weekend in my classroom during my teaching years.  Now that I on the admin side of school life, I don't have the same pressures.  I was able to get my communications and paperwork pretty much wrapped up on Friday so I can really enjoy this long weekend.
This morning I have been machine quilting my low volume string quilt and I had enough pins to get this little quilt (from Pam's quilt along) pin basted.  I hope to get it stitched over the weekend too.
I picked up Barbara Brackmans' book at the library and have enjoyed reading bits of it this week.  I am thinking about re-watching the Ken Burns Civil War series while I stitch.
Enjoy your weekend.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I'm basting my market day today (it's on the list anyway) but probably will not get it quilted. I'll have to look for that book in my library.