Sunday, August 31, 2014

binding time

In yoga, the teacher will often suggest that we bind our pose.  I didn't really know what this meant but my yogi daughter filled me in.  Basically, you wrap your arms or legs into a circle rather than leave yourself open. 
I am not binding my poses but this weekend I am binding some quilts.  I finished the machine quilting on my low volume and the Market Day.  I found that pink binding that I made last summer for the low volume and after a bit of digging, I found enough fabric to make binding for the Market Day quilt.  They are cut and ironed and ready to stitch. 
And then the slow stitching part of these projects will commence.

5 comments:

Lisa J. said...

Have fun binding your quilts and binding your poses also.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Enjoy your binding stitches, I find them so enjoyable!

Jessica said...

Love it :) Can't wait to see them bound.

Deb A said...

Have fun with your binding - that is the part I love the most about a quilt.

Lori said...

When you are adding the binding it means it is almost complete!! Woop!Woop!