Wednesday, July 9, 2014

WIP Wednesday


I finished my Market Day quilt top yesterday.  Now to find some backing and get this one quilted.  I made one change and used an Abraham Lincoln piece for the center - I have been looking for a way to use that fabric.
Up next?  I am still searching for a retreat project.  I think some serious fabric stash dumping needs to happen.  House blocks are on my mind.  Soft, light colors too.  Any suggestions?

On a foodie note:
I realize it is summer and we don't usually think about soup but I had a squash on my counter that needed to be used so I made a lovely Squash and Bean soup this morning.  I had cooked the squash last night so I put the squash in the food processor (about 2 cups) with one can of white beans and one can of light coconut milk.  Blend until smooth.  Add 2 teaspoons of garam masala spice, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and blend again.  I had a taste and it was cool and thick and lovely.  I think this soup could easily be a cold side dish but I will be heating it up for dinner with some teff flat bread.  
 

5 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Love it!
I'm going to work on mine right now!!!

Lynn Koeppen said...

The soup sounds great!

antique quilter said...

soup sounds yummy! I like the way you used this Lincoln fabric. I love the quilt. thanks for sharing it with us
Kathie

Carrie P. said...

great to frame Lincoln.

Lori said...

I love your market day way better than mine! Lincoln is perfect for the center! The soup sounds delicious.