Thursday, July 10, 2014

3 projects

I am uncovering all sorts of things in my sewing stash.  Here are 3 of those projects. 
The top is just a taste of some blocks I stitched two or three years ago on retreat.  I have 22 and enough fabric for at least 8 more so this is going into the pile to work on this year.
On the lower left is a top that I made at home from a book that I no longer have but the top is complete - 60" square.  I even have the backing and binding for this one so I am thinking I will take this one along to machine quilt.
On the right is another retreat project - at last part of it was sewn on retreat - maybe the same year as the blocks on top?  I remember finding that wonderful coral and building the fabric choices around it.  I had set it aside because I ran out of fabric but I found 1.5 yards of one of the taupe fabrics when I was in California this spring so now it has borders and enough left for binding.  I have the batting, just need backing and this too could be a machine quilting project - just need to un-earth my quilting pins.  It isn't big, about 48" square but it would be a nice lap quilt for my mom when she moves into the memory care unit. 
I also finished basting some vines for A Little Porch Time (did this as a quilt along with Lori).  Because I do hand applique, these bigger projects tend to take me a long time.
And if this is not enough, I am contemplating something like THIS beautiful quilt. 

1 comment:

Lori said...

I hope you made some headway on these beauties!