Wednesday, May 28, 2014

counting the days

Every year I try not to count the days until the last day of school.  It isn't that I want the year to end.  I love my job.  But I will admit that I am tired and ready for a bit of time to sew and read and live without the demands of the school week schedule.
So today, I bought myself a little gift.
I have been looking at this book online for what seems like years.  Today, I had a bit of time between meetings and I went into my local quilt shop.  I was expecting a full sized book so I almost missed it. This little lovely is just 6" x 8" and with the spiral binding, it will be a wonderful resource for some creating stitching.  I have been listening to Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry, a wonderful story of a young girl who does beautiful stitching - as if the thread became magic in her hands.  I have a small piece of stitchery that I want to finish this summer and I think this book will be a great help.

I was visiting Julie's blog today and see that she has begun the 10th Anniversary Stitch Along with Lisa Bongean.  I think I might have the right wool to do this but it will need to wait a few weeks.  For now, I will keep working on the center blocks for my pineapple quilt and try to finish the second sleeve on my sweater and count the days quietly.

3 comments:

julieQ said...

Thank you so much for the shout out! I am loving it!

Lori said...

What a fun book to own!!

Lynn Koeppen said...

Oh I'm so glad you treated yourself to this book. It is a great one for those of us who love Sue Spargo.